These are some updates to the vaccination program that we have found over the last week. If you need more information please contact the AGPA Secretariat.
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 12 year and over are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine– The Australian Government has accepted ATAGI advice which recommended Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children aged 12-15 years be eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination from 9 August 2021.
- All Primary Care vaccination sites should follow the national eligibility criteria. These may differ from the eligibility criteria used by state -led clinics. National eligibility criteria can be found here
- ATAGI recommends that the Pfizer (Comirnaty) vaccine is preferred for individuals under 60. Access to the Pfizer vaccine is prioritised for those whom the Pfizer vaccine is the only COVID-19 vaccine currently recommended. Pfizer eligibility criteria are here.
- ATAGI advice for outbreak areas remains : All individuals aged 18 years and above in greater Sydney, including adults under 60 years of age, should strongly consider getting vaccinated with any available vaccine including COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca. The full 24 July statement is here
- People aged 16 to 39 will be eligible for the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine from 30 August 2021.
- Despite an announcement from the Prime Minister in June there is still no vaccination indemnity program in place.