These are some updates to the vaccination program that we have found over the weeks. If you need more information please contact the AGPA Secretariat.
Eligibility Checker and Vaccine Clinic Finder updates: the Eligibility checker is to become a single page on the front of the Vaccine Clinic Finder. In future this will be referred to as the ‘Vaccine Clinic Finder’. This release is planned for Sunday 19 September 2021. Included in this release:
- 12-18 year-olds will be presented with the option of Moderna or Pfizer and shown all clinics administering whichever vaccine they choose
- Patients under 12 will be advised that COVID-19 vaccines are not currently approved for those under 12 years.
- Non Medicare eligible patients will be directed to Commonwealth, State and Territory Clinics and Pharmacies.
- Community pharmacies in tranche 1 for Moderna will start to appear in the Vaccine Clinic Finder from Monday 20 September.
ATAGI Update 15 September: An update from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) following their weekly meeting on 15 September 2021 is available here.
Pfizer eligibility (14 September) :
Vaccination providers can administer Pfizer to all individuals aged 12 to 59.
Vaccination providers can also administer Pfizer to people aged 60 and over with:
• past history of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST)
• past history of Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)
• past history of idiopathic splanchnic (mesenteric, portal, splenic) vein thrombosis