The Primary Care Implementation Group (PCIG) is an online meeting that includes most primary healthcare peak bodies. It is convened weekly by the Department of Health as part of the COVID-19 response. Dr Maria Boulton attends on behalf of the AGPA.
AGPA questions/issues raised:
- GP clinics are finding it difficult to upload their current details and online booking system on the COVID clinic finder/health direct website.
- Some have contacted Healthdirect, their online booking system provider and PHN with no results.
- Maria has written to the task force for help on this matter.
- Eligibility declaration form for 1b is not on the COVID vaccine website.
- This has been posted to the AGPA website here
Other issues discussed:
- The Commonwealth Government is stockpiling second COVID vaccine doses at the moment.
- Some COVID vaccines have been distributed to PNG.
- Please let the COVID taskforce know if the details for your practice are not correct on the COVID clinic finder website.
- RACF – Rollout to RACFs is focusing on residents and not staff at the moment.
- RACF staff and GPs may be best to get vaccinated through GP clinics.
- Eligible 1b patients may attend any clinic where they can get a booking.
- Recommendation is not to vaccinate all Practice staff on the same day in case of side effects.
- Stagger the vaccination of staff.